Posts Tagged zomato
Zomato earlier known as Foodiebay is the first name which comes to my mind (and probably yours too) the moment I think of going out to eat. Yes, it has becomy synonymous to searching for a restaurant in Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai and other major cities in India. It has added a lot more of convenience by coming up eith its mobile apps.
Here is a small feedback of what I like most about Zomato and some new feature requests I would like to see incorporated in Zomato.
So first comes the good part:
- The USP of Zomato which differentiates it from rest of the rating and review sites is the availability of complete menus for almost all restaurants. This proves to be very beneficial when going out with a bigger group and we can easily judge
- can the menu cater to everybody’s preferences in the group
- the expected bill and see if it fits in our budget or not
Now, comes some of my requests to the Zomato team. Hope, they like them and find value in them to be included in Zomato:
- How about adding an option for users to submit pics of must have dishes (while writing a review) they had at restaurants. For example: I recently visited the Chopsticks restaurant in Delhi and had this amazing mocktail – Kaalia. I did recommend this in my review, but I would have also liked to post a picture of this.
- The moment somebody clicks on a restaurant’s name, tell them and probably show them a picture too of the one must have dish at that restaurant. Now, being a user if the must have dish of the restaurant also happens to be my favorite dish, I would surely give that restaurant a try.
- Let each registered user maintain a list of restaurants he/she has visited in a city or for a particular cuisine. Next time when the same user searhes for a restaurant he can have the choice of visiting a new restaurant or a previously visited (tried and tested) restaurant. I understand that Zomato currently also has a lists section wherein we can create our own personalized lists. But how about simplifying this a bit by just allowing users to mark restaurants as ‘eaten here’ or ‘not tried yet’ and showing up this status when the user searches for a restaurant next time.
The best thing I like about the folks behind Zomato is the importance they give to what their customers think. I love the way they crowdsource feedback about Zomato as a whole, a new feature or enhancements which users would like to see in Zomato from time to time. 🙂