Posts Tagged #anything4jetta
Volkswagen, the German automaker, has achieved an interesting win through its online campaign for its latest launch the all new Jetta.
All car makers plan an elaborate campaign for their major car launches. These generally include press releases, print Ads, unveiling the car at big car shows across the world and much more. Volkswagen has gone a step ahead of all this and added an online contest too to woo its customers.
The Contest – #anything4jetta campaign
Its a simple contest wherein people have to come up with wacky tweets in response to a single question – “What you would do to win the all new Jetta?”. The contest has it’s own site http://www.anything4jetta.com/ wherein you can see the best tweets posted on the front page, a tour of the all new Jetta and a way to track your scores if you are participating in the contest. Well considering the mega prize is the all new Jetta and some daily prizes like watches, T-shirts and laptop sleeves, Twitter is ablaze with #anything4jetta (the hashtag being used to track this contest). Twitter users are coming up with the wackiest of text, photo and even video tweets to win the mega prize and no doubt thanks to this the all new Jetta has gone viral on Twitter.
My 2 Cents
Inclusion of online media in Volkswagen’s campaign for one of their most important car launch goes a long way in emphasizing the importance online social media has gained. Laurels also go to Volkswagen for coming up with such an amazing contest and for testing the online social media ground.
Another thought process tells me that is this another form of crowd sourcing being tried out by Volkswagen. If it is crowd sourcing, then for what is Volkswagen utilizing the collective intelligence of the crowd. Is Volkswagen using the collective effort to just popularize its latest product or would we be seeing these ideas in future Volkswagen Jetta advertisements. An interesting study would be to analyze the outcome of such campaigns by measuring the change (positive or negative) in notional brand value among customers before and after the campaign.
As of now Volkswagen has surely turned heads towards itself with this campaign. So go ahead and give a try to the #Anything4jetta contest before it ends. More details here: http://www.anything4jetta.com/
Check my other blog
- RT @CNET: Adobe Scan can now turn business cards into contacts cnet.co/2JWMaO7 https://t.co/BrrbkMsxPz 1 day ago
- +100!! twitter.com/AshuMittal/sta… 2 days ago
- RT @mishra_ashish: Many incidents have been reported in last 3 months, and these are continuing, in spite of the image of suspect at hand.… 2 days ago
- Realising mid day that the next day is a holiday and that too a long weekend 💃🏻 6 days ago
- Why is the onus on me to de-register when I didn’t register in the first place. #fail twitter.com/myindusindbank… 1 week ago
- India soooooo needs #GDPR because of companies like @MyIndusIndBank which still believe in cold calling as a marketing channel #fail 1 week ago
- Receiving cold calls from @MyIndusIndBank when my number has DND activated. #fail. Even if I ever need to change my… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago